- Category: Uncategorised
- Published Date
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 1363
Sunday 3rd June 2018
White Oak Leisure Centre, Hilda May Avenue, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BT
A great day of shopping, Learning and socialising
Balance in a box!
The value of Qualifications
Emmipet innovative teeth cleaning
Spa packages and add ons to improve turnover
CHALLENGE: LEVELS AND JUDGES
ADVANCED: Judge Denise Westbrook
Open to groomers who have been placed 1st at a previous grooming competition. Not open to groomers who have won Best in Show at any previous competition.
EXPERIENCED: Judge Jitka Krizova
Groomers who have more than 2 years grooming experience and who may have entered but never placed 1st in Experienced class at a previous competition.
Judge Costin Stoica
Groomers who have less than 2 years grooming experience and who may have entered by never been placed at a previous grooming competition.
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS: Judge Dinah Armitage Waker
CREATIVE AND ABSTRACT RUNWAY: Judge Emily Mulholland
RELAY: Judge Melanie Winters-holmes
Team class for up to 3 groomers
ONLY ONE MEMBER OF THE TEAM TO ENTER AND PAY
Closing dates apply unless classes sell out
Spectator (no entry to talks or demo's): £10 pre-booked; £15 on the door - Closing date for pre booked 1st June
Delegate (entry to show, all demo's and talks): £20 pre-booked; £25 on the door - Closing date for pre booked 1st June
Competitors: £25 per class pre booked only - Closing date 28th May
Relay Challenge £45 per team, only one member of the team to enter the £45 fee is for the whole team - Closing date 28th May
Tickets cannot be refunded unless the event is cancelled
- Please let the judges know of any problems with your dog before the start of your class
- Please treat your dogs with respect. If the judges consider a dog is being mishandled, a warning will be given. A second warning will result in disqualification
- Competitors should not trim their dogs after the classes have finished, unless you have permission from all the judges.
- All classes will start promptly. Any late arrivals may still compete but will not be allowed any extra time. Please report to the competitor stewards before entering the competition area.
- JUDGES' DECISION IS FINAL
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- You will need at least 6 weeks growth to showcase your skills. Judging is based on degree of difficulty and level of work.
- You will need to provide your dog bathed and prepared with ears, nails, groin and pads already attended to.
- Poodle face, feet and tail are preclipped before the class.
- You need to bring your own equipment and table.
- No electric provision is made by the show organisers so please bring cordless clippers.
- Products and dyes may be used but only if they are deemed safe for animal use.
- Please bring holding crates for your competition dogs.
- Please do not bring dogs not entered into the competition.
- All competitors are ultimately responsible for their own dogs so please make sure that dogs are kept watered and exercised and don't forget to clean up after your dog! We recommend that you bring a helper to assist you throughout the day.
- Remember that competitor stewards are around to help you so don't be afraid to ask.
- Class will start at 13.15pm please be on the table by 13.00pm for pre judging
- This competition highlights the extreme creativity of professional groomers
- Entries may be from individuals or teams
- Competitors may only use dyes that are non-toxic and manufactured for animal use and should be used prior to arrival
- You are allowed 2 hours to finish your presentation. At the end of the class, you will be allowed an extra 15 minutes to dress your table with whatever props you need to enhance your presentation.
- Any pure or mixed breed dog may be used.
- Winners will be chosen for their originality and creativity of design and theme and quality of styling techniques. Winner is not eligible for Best in Show but will be eligible for the title of Creative Stylist of the Year
- Please note that your dog is your sole responsibility and that their welfare is of the utmost importance. Should the judge fell that a competitor is putting their dog's welfare at risk, they have the right to disqualify them from the competition and this may result in being banned from future events.
- Electric points will be made available to creative entrants
- Class will be judged at 12.30 Please be in the ring ready.
- This class is designed to show the beauty of a simple, abstract design scissored, clipped or handstripped into the coat and devoid of props, costumes, accessories etc. Minimal colour and added "bling" (glitter, body jewels etc.) if any, is permitted but should not detract from the overall finish.
- These designs are to be completed prior to the competition and the class will be judged on the finished design only.
- Any breed may be used and the finished design will be judged on finish, balance and originality.
- All winners from Creative and Abstract will be eligible for Creative Stylist of the Year but not for Best In Show
- Pre Judging is 12pm Class starts 12.30 pm
- This is a team class of up to 3 groomers, only one groomer may groom at any given time, The 2 hour time limit will be split into 30 minute sections for each individual groomer. Once the bell has been rung the groomers must swap to their next team member with one or more groomers completing more than one 30 minute section. While the team member is grooming all other team members will remain seated in the waiting area, no verbal communication is allowed between the groomer and their team but non verbal communication is permitted.
Dogs need to be on the table at 8.30am for pre-judging, class starts at 9am
Scissor Pure Breed: Time Allowed: 2hrs (dogs over 15" 2hrs30)
For Example Poodles, Bichons, Kerry Blues, Bedlingtons. Clippers and comb attachments may be used.
Real Life Pure Breed: Time Allowed: 2hrs (dogs over 15" 2hrs30)
Any purebreed not in breed standard trim. Any technique may be used. Whether it is a clipped off Cocker, a Westie without a skirt or a pet trim on a drop coat. Any breed not in traditional breed styles. Short coated dogs are welcome, as are Golden Retrievers etc.
Real Life Cross Breed: Time Allowed: 2hrs (dogs over 15" 2hrs30)
Any mixed breed dog. Any technique may be used except handstrip.
Pre-judging starts at 12pm Class starts at 12.30pm
Clip: Time Allowed: 2hrs (dogs over 15" 2hrs30)
Terriers, Schnauzers and gundogs clipped into breed standard style.
Handstrip: Time Allowed: 2hrs30
Any terrier, schnauzer or gundog handstripped with minimal use of thinners (suitable crossbreeds are also allowed)
RELAY: Pre Judging is 12pm Class starts 12.30 pm
ABSTRACT RUNWAY: All entries must be in the ring for 12.30pm
A basic creative class already completed at home. The finished design is shown in the class.
CREATIVE CHALLENGE class starts at 13.15
Unleash your creative skills. This can be an individual or team effort. All dying must be done before the class. You have 2 hours to complete your dog and 15 mins to dress your table. Don't forget to enhance your creation with a background and props. Comprises of two levels: Novice and Open
Open Creative Class: Groomers who have been placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a Creative class previously
Novice Creative Class: For those who have never placed in a creative class previously
*PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR DOGS HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLBEING AT THE TOP OF YOUR PRIORITY AT ALL TIMES THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND. PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LEAVE DOGS IN YOUR CAR IN HOT WEATHER AND PLEASE BE SURE TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG AND DISPOSE APPROPRIATELY *
Please note - no refunds, transfers or exchanges on any purchase.
*Payment must only be made by the attendee. If you wish to pay for someone else to enter, please give them the means to pay rather than paying for them. Each payment name must match the entrant.*
ALL TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE FOLLOWING THIS LINK TO OUR PAGE ON THE GROOMER'S SPOTLIGHT HERE